Pre-Purchases Inspections are a lot better than Post Purchase Blues. We do pre-purchase inspections cheaper than RACQ. Many Mobile mechanics don’t even do them at all.
A roadworthy is not a good indication that it’s a good car to buy. Some roadworthies are dodgy (I saw a 4WD a little while ago and the roadworthy guy didn’t even take the rear wheels off the vehicle, the rear brakes and oils seals were shot – about $1000 worth to fix it! Which is good to know before you put a deposit down!). Some cars are roadworthy NOW, but won’t be in 3 months time (conveniently the amount of time your warranty expires for 2nd hand car dealers). All roadworthies don’t take into consideration maintenance items like brake fluid, coolant and filters – Your next service could take the shine off your good buy.
When you employ us to check a car out, we check out
- If the car is in good mechanical condition
- If its been well maintained
- If the car has been in an accident
- If its been through a flood – any car older than 2011 needs to be looked at for that
- If the car has minor or major maintenance items coming up. The reason some people sell is because the car is due for a timing belt which for a Subaru can cost $1500 and even more for a VW
- Whether the car was 2 sets of keys – a key can set you back $500 for a standard mazda these days
- If its a good car to own in the first place! Some models and configurations are very expensive to maintain. For example a V6 in a front wheel drive are often not economical to repair later in life – best to get a 4 cylinder if maintenance costs concern you.
We can also check if the vehicle has been stolen, written off or has money owing to it. If you buy a car that has money owing on it, YOU BUY the debt. That can really ruin your day.
So next time you are looking at buying a car, contact Triple C Mobile Mechanix.
I couldn’t recommend these guys enough. I have been using Triple C Mobile Mechanix for years. They come to me, are professional and trustworthy.Lena